Thursday, September 29, 2011

Catch up of Summer events!

I'm home sick today and bored out of my mind.  What better time to update our blog??? 
Greys River:

 The dogs seemed to always find their way into the tent with us:
 
Love my mom's fashion, don't you??


We were lucky to bring Krew with us camping.  He was a riot!!



 Grandpa just walked into this river with his levis to go fishing.  He was soaked!   I took off Krew's shorts so he was just in his undies so he didn't get wet.  He was fine for a little bit but when he saw grandpa he had to get his shorts on too.  He said, "I want to be like grandpa, he has his pants on and it's okay if they get a little wet!"  haha, he loves his Grandpa.






Young Women Temple Walk:

I am in the Beehives in our ward.  I have LoVeD it!  This summer we challenged the girls to set their focus to the temple.  We decided to walk to the Bountiful Temple from our church: Approx 18 miles.  There were some complaining and growns when we announced it but I think it turned out to be an AmAzING experience for them.  We had them prepare not only spiritually but physically too.  We would walk two times a week and up'd the miles each time.
We started at 3:30 in the morning!

Members of the ward did the aid stations

The dreaded hill to the temple...


We also walked in honor of someone that has been an inspiration to us in our lives.  I walked in honor of Truena Love, who lives in Ruston, LA.  She just passed away in the spring.  She was an amazing pioneer for the church in the south.  She was so faithful and her and her husband will always have a special place in my heart.  They adopted me as their own grandchild because I was also Love!  As I was coming home from the temple walk I received a call from Brother Love's daughter who lives in Kaysville.  She said Brother Love was in town visiting and wanted to have dinner.  Ironic?  I don't think so, I think it was a tender mercy from our Heavenly Father!
Brother Love




One of my beehives, Christina, is autistic.  She is very open about it and is very good at explaining it to us girls.  I love Christina.  She has something about her that is powerful!!  She LOVES Mario!  She decided to walk for Mario and Luigi because they are such an example to her because they have many trials that they have to go through and they still just push each other until they get to the castle.  She related it to us and how we too have trials and just need to get to the castle.  It was amazing.  I think seeing her get to the temple was my favorite part.  We were unsure if she wanted to do the walk because at first she said she was NOT going to walk it but she started showing up for all the walks and was so excited the night before the walk.  She started crying at the end and I thought we might have pushed her too hard...nope, she proved me wrong once again.  She just said between her sobs, "This is wonderful, just wonderful!"  I love her!

Afterward we had the temple president talk to us.  He was so inspirational.  He talked to us about how some members of the church have to sacrifice a lot to travel miles to get to the temple and usually they will have the once in a lifetime chance to get to the temple so the church has a fund and it will pay for their way one time.  They travel on bus, ship, plane, etc to get there and will stay for about 3 days and skip lunch and dinner and just do sessions all day long from 7 to 10 at night.

He also told us about how the Bountiful temple has been blessed with an angel without wings.  There was this boy that was born without arms or legs that lives in Kaysville and he really wanted to go to the temple.  He came and just was going to do confirmations but the temple president felt impressed to ask him to do baptisms.  The boy that it was impossible but he had faith and he was able to be baptized for those on the other side.  The president said, "Can you imagine how neat it would be on the other side and get your work done?  Can you imagine how much more it would mean if an angel with out wings performed your baptism?"

The Beehives

The leaders



More updates to come....

2 comments:

Maegan Oliverson said...

WOW!! I am amazed at your Young Women. Good for you...and them! I'm glad you walked for Sister Love. She is such an inspiration and I know she is missed in Ruston. How wonderful that you got to see Brother Love after your walk! Definitely NOT coincidence.

Jackie said...

What a fabulous idea to walk to the temple, I wish we had done that in Young Women, I definitely would have moaned about it...but what a great experience it would have been! I love all the stories you told, so inspirational!