Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Ragnar....What was I thinking???

My cute cousins had a team and someone dropped out and they asked me to tag a long.  I had about a month to prepare.  A lot of people think I am this great runner...I have no clue why.  I ran a 1/2 marathon two years ago and haven't really ran since!  I just sign up for things to motivate me to get out of bed in the morning :)  I really enjoy running though so I'm glad they asked me so that I would start running again.  I missed it.  I was runner number 12 so my legs were up some of trappers loop to Snowbasin, Oakley, and I finished in Park City which was neat because the rest of the team ran with me past the finish line.  When we were done I thought, I don't think I can ever do this again...three weeks later as I'm sitting here writing this I am thinking of how fun it was (because I can't remember how tired and sore I was).  The company was great.  In my van was Jordan, Nicole, Caralee, Jarred, and Sam.  I love my cousins and it was neat to cheer each other on.  I have more pictures of the actual van ride and running but it's my brothers camera and I don't have a card reader for it so those pictures are to come...
My favorite was the people watching.  So many crazy people, this is just a couple that Ryan snapped a picture of:


Nat and Aaron came to support like always :)

Our team coming in to finish

This is my favorite...is Nicole smelling me??

I love how tired I look!
                                      



Natalie thinks it's so stupid how people put the stickers on the car so I snuck and put one on her car hehe, it took her two days to realize it!



5 comments:

Miss Crystal said...

That looks like SO much fun!

The Dalton's said...

I'm so jealous! I've been wanting to do Ragnar for years but haven't had the courage...nice job with the sticker :)

Jackie said...

I think you're amazing, and I wish I would just be more like you! Great job, Heather you're such an inspiration!

Cute Family said...

Fun! I need to get back on track with running now that Jon is starting to get a little better.

Swaner Family said...

Way to go! I didn't know you did this. You look great and looks like you had fun. Brandon and I are running a Ragnar in Sept. in Napa Valley....Ahhhh! Kind of nervous. Any suggestions/tips???