Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Willard Klint Jones

Let us introduce you to Willard Klint Jones...he is almost one, better late than never right??  He was born on August 22, 2012.  He is our little miracle baby.  I can't thank Dr. Johnson enough for thinking outside the box and trying things other doctors didn't think of.

I LoVEd being pregnant.  The only problem I had was super bad headaches my second trimester but other than that.  Seriously enjoyed it (I probably just don't remember the bad things now because it was over a year ago)!
This is me 8 1/2 months pregnant.  Going to a Neil Diamond concert!  This is my "Neil and Will" shirt
We went in on Friday for our last check up and had a gift bag for Dr. Johnson and his staff!  We were grinning ear to ear.  He had us scheduled to go in on Monday to meet little Willard.  Dr. Johnson came in and checked me and I was dilated to a three which was had been the case for the past three weeks.  He said, "Well when are we going to have this baby?"  I said, "MONDAY!!!"  He looked puzzled.  He said, "Oh do we have it scheduled???"  My smile quickly turned into a blank stare....was he joking?   He left the room to check and came back and said, "Do you want your gift back??  We didn't schedule you and the hospital is booked.  You will have to wait until Tuesday night."  I acted like it was no big deal but what I really wanted to do is jump off the table and ring his neck with his tie!!

Tuesday night Ryan and I went to my dad's for a father's blessing.  He blessed me with comfort and said that Willard would grow up to be a powerful missionary and would be a very righteous young man from the time he is little.  He said he was meant to come at this time, not sooner like we had hoped.

Then we went for our "Last Super"  to kneaders for our favorite french dip sandwich.  Here is us on our way to the hospital...just imagine a full term pregnant chick jumping into this freaking huge jeep.  My car was in the shop.  Talk about contractions!

We got there exactly on time: 6pm.  We checked in and they showed us our room, Labor and Delivery Room 6.  Then they left us sitting there for an hour...we had no idea what was going on.  I think they may have forgotten about us.  They finally came in and had me get dressed in my lovely robe.  Then they hooked me up to the machines.  The nurse said, "Wow!  Are you feeling these contractions??"  I had no idea I was even having any contractions.  I guess they were pretty strong and regular.  I was still only dilated to a three so they decided to give me a medicine to slow down my contractions...seems opposite of what to do, but they said I need to dilate more.  So what else are you to do?  We had a party.  

Everyone came and we laughed and played on our phones, sewed, sudoko and just talked.  The room was full of our favorite people.  Then around 9pm they gave me a sleeping pill and some plug thing (sorry gross!) that is supposed to soften the downstairs.  I was OUT!  I think that was the best I slept in a long time.  My mom came in the next morning, who knows how early, and woke us both up.  You would think she was the one having the baby.  They checked me and it was starting to work so they started me on the petocin.  More waiting was in store so we had more of a party.  Even the brothers came to party.  My dad brought lunch, which was so rude because it smelt so good and I couldn't have any!  I was still in no pain.  I could feel pressure but it was a breeze so far.  

The nurse came in and asked if I wanted my epideral.  I told her I wasn't feeling any pain and my mom piped up and said, "SHE WANTS IT!"  My mom thinks I am the weakest person ever, I swear.  But I was afraid if I waited too long it would be too late so I caved and it told them I was ready.  While I was getting the epideral, Natalie, my sis, was watching and the Anesthesiologist was flirting BIG TIME!  He even said (word for word), "You look familiar!  Let me see your back side (checked her butt out) then said, well I don't recognize you from the hospital."  Well maybe not word for word because I can't remember but he totally checked out her butt.  She didn't even realize how bad it was but when he left we all started laughing.  I was like, "Hello....over know I'm the patient!!!"  After I started feeling numb, I got really light headed and started bawling for no reason and just wanted Ryan to lay by me.  It was super weird.  

Getting my epideral
Finally by 3:30 pm, August 22nd, they had me start pushing.  I pushed two times and they told me to stop because he was coming.  They called the Dr and the nurse sat at my cha cha because Willard was right there ready to come.   I also had Ryan, my mom, Kelle, Erin, and Natalie in the room with me.  I was so scared so when they were leaving to go out I begged them to stay.  The nurses couldn't find Dr. Johnson.  They even called his wife looking for him.  45 minutes later, Dr Johnson came in rolling up his sleeves. 
Dr. Johnson, miracle man
Yep, that's Natalie videoing with strict instructions not to get my downstairs....totally got it.  Woof I almost puked watching it!  

Three pushes later Willard was here at 4:49 pm  weighing in at 7 pounds 7 ounces and 21 inches long (the exact same as Ryan and even 5 minutes from the time) He had tons of black hair...I don't know where he got that from!!!

Instant Love


Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

Nice post Hetz. 45 mins just waiting there? wow. We had a similar thing happen. We changed hospitals a few months in and after we had delivered the other hospital called us a few days later and asked "are you coming in to Deliver your baby" Uh, she was born 3 days ago....Ha ha

The Dalton's said...

Sooooooooooooooo sweet!!! I got all teary-eyed reading this story, it is better late than never! He really is a miracle baby, what a joy!!

And I can't believe you had so many people in your room when he was born!! Not only was it a party before he came but during too :) That's awesome.

And hahahahahahah about the anesthesialogist and Natalie. Bahahahah

Jackie said...

I love this post! Such a cute story! I think it's a great idea for you to write down the story of how it all happened. Will I'm sure will love to read this when he's older. You remembered well for it being a year ago! He's so cute, and so is his little brother!